ABOUT HOUSE OF TRAVEL SKI
HOT VISION, PURPOSE, VALUES
Vision: “House of Travel will be recognised by all Kiwis for creating better travel experiences than they can do themselves or through anyone else.”
We will achieve the HOT vision by:
- Consistently giving you the best ski products and service at the best price
- Allowing you to book your travel how and when you want
- Using our combined buying power to access outstanding deals for you
- Maintaining a company culture that values customer service, fun and a passion for travel
- Ensuring you benefit from the highest staff training standards in the travel industry
- Providing you with the latest and most reliable travel information and booking systems in the travel industry
- Making sure that the fun and excitement of travel begins with us
PURPOSE: "To enrich people’s lives through travel.”
At HOT, we're all about helping you to relish every moment of your travel experience. We achieve this by:
- Employing "travel nuts" - fun people with a depth of talent and a pssion for travel that challenges the status quo
- Always taking the customers' needs seriously
- Building long-term strong partnerships with our ski suppliers which are mutually beneficial
- Being part of the communities within which we operate
- Having a strong positive culture as the founding stone on which to continue to build a very successful business
VALUES: "Act with integrity, operate as one, no bullshit and the customer comes first”
HOTTIES are genuine and down-to-earth travel fanatics, who are committed to:
- Being upfront, open and honest
- Ensuring our customers' needs always come first
- Maintaining independence - so we act as the consumer's advocate
- Being committed to a partnership with our suppliers and customers
- Being proactive and creative - so our customers are kept informed about the special products and services we have to offer
- Doing the basics brilliantly so we tell it how it is, move with pace and get things done
As House of Travel team members, we love being a part of the HOT family, and we think we are in the BEST travel business in New Zealand. But what do others think of us? Well, as it turns out, pretty much the same!
TAANZ - National Travel Industry Awards 2014
Kiwi owned and operated House of Travel are proud winners of the Best Travel Agency Brand category at this year’s TAANZ National Travel Industry Awards, which recognise excellence in the travel industry.
Best Travel Agency Brand
House of Travel
Best Travel Retail, Single Location
House of Travel Newmarket
Best Travel Agency Manager, Corporate
Paul Rennie, Orbit Corporate Travel
AFTA Awards – Australasia Federation of Travel Agents 2013
In 2013 the inaugural AFTA Awards were held in New Zealand for the first time, recognising the nation’s travel industry leaders.
We are all thrilled to have been recognised by the industry as the best in the country.
There were four categories, and we were finalists in each one of them; winning three. Not a bad result for a company that is actually really humble about what we do!
Best Travel Agency Corporate, Single Location
Orbit Corporate Travel Wellington
Best Travel Agency Retail, Single Location
House of Travel Lakers, Invercargill
Best Travel Agency Retail, Multi Location
House of Travel
Best Travel Agency Corporate, Multi Location
Orbit Corporate Travel
Randstad Awards - we aim to be fantastic employers for our staff and we’re achieving it!
The Randstad Awards are based on the results of the largest employment survey into employer branding research across the world. Based on the perceptions of 7000 job seekers locally, the research is designed to uncover how New Zealand’s largest 150 employers are perceived in the eyes of today’s job seekers.
The survey reveals the top 20 most attractive employers in NZ, and it turns out we have featured on this list for the last three years – so we are pretty rapt with that!
We are the only 100% Kiwi owned and operated company in the Top 20 and we are also the only travel company to appear as well. We have it all going on!
The NetGuide Awards
Along with winning customer service awards it turns out we are pretty technologically savvy as well! Our website (www.houseoftravel.co.nz) has been awarded the People’s Choice for the Best Travel site for six years running, establishing us as one of the most innovative travel industry leaders.
Our raft of national awards are joined by a number of local accolades. Many of our House of Travel outlets have won local business awards, cementing their position in the local community, from Howick to Rangiora; Invercargill to Papamoa.
We are hugely proud of Jason Kroupa, our owner/operator from HOT Motueka who was named the Travel Digest’s Travel Agent of the Year 2012. What a brilliant achievement. This could be you in the future!
House of Travel is engaged in a number of valuable sponsorships/partnerships with some of New Zealand’s most reputable brands and companies.
The Silver Ferns and Netball New Zealand
The Silver Ferns are all about being on top; that’s why they choose to fly with us! New Zealand’s national netball team have partnered with HOT as their exclusive travel agency as they secure victory around the world.
With the joint goal of delivering our best, the Silver Ferns are the perfect fit with HOT, and we relish making sure they get to all their games across the globe with ease and style.
House of Travel & NZOC
We have joined forces with New Zealand Olympic Committee to offers exclusive opportunities for Kiwis to visit events through dedicated travel services for all New Zealand Olympic and Commonwealth Games activity. We’re thrilled to be able to help Kiwis experience these amazing events live - go New Zealand!
House of Travel and Hospice New Zealand – Caring for New Zealanders
HOT has been supporting Hospice New Zealand since 2005 and the organisation is very close to our hearts.
Each of our stores work with their local hospice services to support them by raising money and awareness, volunteering their time for fundraising, and donating prizes and “Armchair Traveller” sessions.
A highlight of this partnership is the Embrace Award presented annually to a HOT outlet who has integrated its local hospice into every aspect of its business. The award is the hospice’s way of giving big ups to its local House of travel team for all their hard work and dedication.
ORBIT CORPORATE TRAVEL
Orbit Corporate Travel is a part of the House of Travel Group and specialises in business and corporate travel for some of New Zealand’s leading companies. Orbit has offices located in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Hamilton, Nelson and Dunedin.
In 2013 the inaugural AFTA Awards were held in New Zealand for the first time, recognising the nation’s travel industry leaders and Orbit Corporate Travel was recognised as the Top Corporate Travel group in New Zealand.